Please note that our telephone lines are currently down. Please contact us on: 083 645 5130
We apologies for the inconvenience.
Why Bus & Coach Hire makes sense!
FACT: Buses and coaches are the most important form of urban and rural passenger transport around the world.
The face of public and general transport has changed. Increase in urban population, shifting mobility patterns, environmental concerns and rising costs has led to businesses finding a more sustainable transport solution.
What’s the deal?
Busses, by far, is the most common way to transport people for short or medium distances. They also connect other urban modes of transport and play a vital role in a cities transport logistics. A key link in the mobility chain, the bus is often takes you to your last destination once you have gotten off the plane, train or boat.
Aside from the obvious reduction of emissions and the lower carbon footprint of each passenger, busses reduce congestion. And unlike a train that needs rails to operate, busses are adaptable and affordable. There is little investment to setup new routes, the roads are already there.
For large fleets and logistic companies, their busses are generally upgraded every couple of years. With modern engines and green technology, busses lead the way in reducing carbon emissions.
Be part of the Community
For people who can’t drive or have disabilities, busses are often the only transport solution they can use. Low-income earners are also extremely dependent on busses as they help them access medical, education and other social needs.
Let the facts speak for themselves.
Available statistics indicate that:
- 70% of South Africa’s population is dependent on public transport (bus, commuter rail and taxis) for its mobility needs.
- There are approximately 3,9 million public transport commuters.
- 30% of households in the RSA spend more than 10% of their income on public transport.
- The South African Bus Operators Association (SABOA) has a membership of more than 20 000 buses spread around the country; 15 000 of those busses are used for public transport and 5 00 are used by companies to transport their employees free of charge.
- Over distances of between 500 and 1,000 kilometers, buses and coaches have the lowest cost per passenger of any kind of transport.
- Buses and coaches account for 55% of public transport in Europe, over 45% of all passenger transport in Turkey, and 751 million passenger trips annually in the USA.
As you can see it just makes sense to use busses and coaches when you can. It is up to you, the commuter, to take advantage of these systems and support their growth, and to push for a future that doesn’t see congested roads, bad traffic and more unnecessary road fatalities.
If your business is in need of daily staff transport or for annual incentives and conference transport, whether one passenger or a large group, our Coach and Bus Hire services can be tailor-made to suit your requirements. Any size, any group, anywhere! Let us assist you with your next booking.
Not sure how to pick the right bus hire company for your needs then click here.
References and Sources